Friday, August 22, 2008

Flip Flops

They have come to be one of the first signs of Spring and they'll be seen well into Fall, flip flops are everywhere and I'm getting sick of them. I might not dislike them as much as my mother does but they are getting old. I know there is a lot of people who love them and I'm not about to throw my own out the window but I do think they are far from the wardrobe staple they are pretending to be.

I've seen women bundled up head to toe with flip flops on their feet. Considering the fact that they have no support whatsoever and make that annoying flopping noise the only reason I can think of to explain their popularity is the price tag. This is kinda sad folks.

We're all about having lots of selection so we look different everyday we're spending our money on trying to own as much clothes and footwear as we can instead of buying quality items. Let's say no to buying crappy footwear that are supposedly comfy but in the end do as much damage as 3" heels, just in different places :)

No comments: